Heisey House Museum
The Heisey Museum is part of a brick Federal farmhouse built around 1831 by Dr. John Henderson of Huntington County who married a daughter of John Fleming, a local landowner. Jerry Church, the founder of Lock Haven lived here when the building was used as a tavern, run by John and Walter Develing. Although Church and the Devlings both owned the property, the dwelling reverted back to the Hendersons in 1852 when Dr. William J. Henderson practiced medicine here. An extensive collection from our archaeological dig is on display in the Boyd Grieb Ice House.
Address: 362 East Water Street, Lock Haven, PA